Quilt is for data-driven teams and offers features for coders (data scientists, data engineers, developers) and business users alike.
Quilt manages data like code so that teams in machine learning, biotech, and analytics can experiment faster, build smarter models, and recover from errors.
Quilt consists of a Python client, web catalog, lambda functions—all of which are open source—plus a suite of backend services and Docker containers orchestrated by CloudFormation.
- Share data at scale. Quilt wraps AWS S3 to add simple URLs, web preview for large files, and sharing via email address (no need to create an IAM role).
- Understand data better through inline documentation (Jupyter notebooks, markdown) and visualizations (Vega, Vega Lite)
- Discover related data by indexing objects in ElasticSearch
- Model data by providing a home for large data and models that don't fit in git, and by providing immutable versions for objects and data sets (a.k.a. "Quilt Packages")
- Decide by broadening data access within the organization and supporting the documentation of decision processes through audit-able versioning and inline documentation