The Quilt catalog renders previews of the following file types. Whenever possible, Quilt streams the smallest possible subset of the data needed to generate the preview.
Previews are supported for uncompressed files as well as for gzip archives (.gz).
Quilt can display any plaintext file format, including the following.
- Most programming languages, with syntax highlighting (.cpp, .json, .js, .py, .sh, .sql, etc.)
- Biological file formats (.bed, .cef, .gff, .fasta, .fastq, .sam, .pdbqt, .vcf, etc.)
- Text files (.csv, .md, .readme, .tsv, .txt, etc.)
The following file formats are supported:
- Mol files (.mol, .mol2, .sdf)
Currently, the Quilt catalog does not support visualization of multiple molecules with titles from a single .sdf file.
- Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- FCS Flow Cytometry files (.fcs)
- Images (.gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, etc.)
- Media (.mp4, .webm, .flac, .m2t, .mp3, .mp4, .ogg, .ts, .tsa, .tsv, .wav)
- .ipynb (Jupyter and Voila dashboards)